Skip to Main content
Mimi Roberson, Flagler College Registrar, working with a student

Veterans Affairs Education Benefits Recipients

Follow these steps below to obtain your veterans affairs educational benefits. 

Steps to obtaining VA Educational Benefits

    VA Form Code
Submit Application for Educational Benefits  
Application for Chapter 35-- dependents and survivors 22-5490
Application for those who have served   22-1990
Application for Chapter 33 (transfer of eligibility dependents)-- Post 9/11 22-1990E
*Receive Statement of Eligibility(will be received 6-12 weeks after submission of application for benefits)  
The statement should advise as to what you are eligible for  
Once the statement is received, send a copy to Financial Aid to request to draw benefits  
*Transfer Students who have used benefits elsewhere  
non-service person   22-5495
service-person   22-1995
*Most recent DD-214 is required for anyone who has served in the military  
Consult WWW.GIBILL.VA.GOV for information regarding VA Educational Benefits


* = Required by the VA Certifying Official prior to submitting your enrollment (22-1999) to the VA

VA Certifying Officials are located in the Flagler College Financial Aid Office

Required forms may be: Main Campus
(including Public Administration)
Tallahassee Campus


Flagler College, Att: Jennifer Pedicelli
74 King St.
St. Augustine, FL 32084

Flagler College, Att: Annette Young
444 Appleyard Dr.
Tallahassee, FL 32304


Hanke Hall
Financial Aid Office
63 Cordova St. Suite 225

Google Map

TCC University Center, UC 19

Google Map


Phone: 904-819-6321
Fax: 904-819-6453

Phone: 850-201-8712

*Items to submit to VA Certifying Official*

CH. 30 (Montgomery GI BILL®); 1606 (Reserve Montgomery); 1607(REAP) Certificate of Eligibility; most recent DD214; Change of Location/VA Form 22-1995(if applicable)
CH. 31 (Voc Rehab) VA Form 28-1905
CH.33 (Post 9/11 GI BILL®) Service Person Certificate of Eligibility; most recent DD214; Change of Location/VA Form 22-1995(if applicable); Most recent Eligibility % letter(if applicable)
CH.33 (Post 9/11 GI BILL®) Dependent Student/ Non-Service Person Certificate of Eligibility; Change of Location/VA Form 22-5495(if applicable); Most recent Eligibility % letter(if applicable)
CH.35 (Dependent's Educational Assistance) Certificate of Eligibility; SSN of the person from who benefits originated; Change of Location/VA Form 22-5495(if applicable)
GOOD TO KNOW--- YOUR VA FILE # IS CH. 30, 31, 33, 1606, 1607----- your SSN CH. 35---- the service person's SSN