Research, Professional and Creative Activity
- Winner of multiple grants and author of numerous published articles in the areas of econometrics and labor
- “The Labor Market Consequences of Family Illness,” in The Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics, 1999
- "Insurance Status of Depressed Low-Income Women," in The Economics of Gender and Mental Illness, 2004
- Research grant: "Family Mental Illness and Labor Market Performance" from the Illinois Department of Public Health Alzheimer's Disease Research Fund, 2004
- Author of textbook: Quantitative Methods in Business, Second Edition. ISBN: 978-1-62751-875-8. Published by Best Value Textbooks (BVT Publishing, LLC); Redding, CA; 2016.
- Twenty-five U.S. National and four World Handball Championship titles between 1980 and 2010. Inducted in the U.S. Handball Hall of Fame in 2014.
- Co-founder of Flagler College Business Advisory Board.
- Dean’s Award for Leadership and Service, 2010-2011.
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2014-2015.
Professor Roberts received a Ph.D. in Economics from Northern Illinois University and a B.A. in Economics and Mathematics from Lake Forest College. Her primary academic interests are in econometrics, labor economics and the economics of healthcare. In addition to her academic service, Dr. Roberts has served as a data analyst, research consultant and research assistant to private consulting firms and healthcare organizations.
Teaching and Related Service
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Labor Economics
- Health Economics
- Senior Seminar in Economics
- Managerial Economics
- Quantitative Methods in Business
- Environmental Economics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Sociological Applications of Economics
- Urban Economics
- Natural Resource Economics
- The Economics of Education
- Financial Management I
Previously taught at:
- Pima Community College
- Lake Forest College
- Mount Union College
Office Hours (Virtual):
- Thursday: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Friday: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM