Skip to Main content
Students seated together around table.

Office of Health Services

We are a dedicated team of health professionals who are here to create a healthy environment on campus. 

The Health Services office is located on the southwest side of the Ponce Breezeway. Our staff includes a Registered Nurse and a Nurse Practitioner.

Nursing Staff on CampusHealth Services
M-F, by appointment or walk-in 
Phone: (904) 819-6211

Phone: (904) 819-6211
Fax: (904) 824-1183

Our Services 

We provide the following health services such as: 

  • Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of minor illnesses
  • Education and information 
  • Sexual health education
  • Over-the-counter medication and some prescription medications
  • COVID-19 testing 
  • Most prescriptions

Health Services FAQs

Review the list below all our most asked student questions. 

Is there a cost associated with Health Services?

We are open to all full-time students and do not require insurance. Most of our services are free. Some costs may apply for testing and medicine. If you are given a prescription, you will have to use your insurance at the pharmacy.

We also offer a check-out system for the following items: 

  • Crutches 
  • Heating pads 

If you are looking for medical insurance information, please visit this guide- Medical Insurance Guide for Students

Back To Top
What is the Campus Well- Student Health 101 Program?

Campus Well

Campus Well- Student Health 101 is an online health education publication that covers a wide variety of college wellness topics such as stress, fitness, nutrition, drug, and alcohol use and more. 

to Campus Well to read available articles: 

Campus Well

Back To Top
I'm sick, can I get an excused absence through Health Services?

Short answer- No. However, please stop-by because we would love to evaluate you to help you on the path of recovery. 

Back To Top
What if I don't feel well?
  • All individuals should monitor their symptoms on a daily basis and not come to campus or go to class if exhibiting COVID-like symptoms.
  • Full-time students who do not feel well should consult with Health Services by calling 904-819-6211 or emailing
    • Health Services provides COVID testing free of charge to all full-time students.
  • Individuals are encouraged to continue to monitor their symptoms on a daily basis.
Back To Top
Is my visit confidential?

Your office visit is always 100% confidential and we will never talk to anyone unless we have written permission from you.

Back To Top
Can I get tested on-campus for COVID?
  • Full-time students should contact Health Services for assessment and testing if COVID-like symptoms develop and the student has been exposed to a COVID-positive person. Health Services can be reached by calling 904-819-6211 or email at .
  • Part-time students and employees can obtain COVID tests at any walk-in clinic, CVS, or Walgreens by appointment via their websites.
  • If you are not certain on what type of test to obtain call Health Services at 904-819-6211 or send an email to
  • Over-the-counter COVID antigen/quick tests are available at local pharmacies and retailers.
Back To Top
What if I test positive for COVID?
  • Students who test positive for COVID-19 are required to isolate for 5-days.
  • Provided they are fever-free for the final 48 hours without the aid of medication, they can leave isolation on day six following a negative COVID test.
    • Contact Health Services for a free COVID test on day six of isolation.
  • A mask is required to be worn for 5-days following the isolation period. 
  • A contact tracer will be assigned. 
  • The student should contact Health Services at 904-819-6211 if they test positive or email or

More information on isolation protocols can be found at the following CDC site:

Back To Top
What do I need to do if I have been in contact with a COVID-positive person?
  • Unvaccinated students who are exposed to a COVID-positive individual are required to quarantine for 5-days. Individuals who are tested on day six and receive a negative result are permitted to end their quarantine on day six and wear a mask for the next 5-days. 
    • Contact Health Services to obtain your free COVID test on day 6 of quarantine.
  • Vaccinated students, or those who can confirm having COVID-19 within the last 90 days, who are exposed to a COVID-positive individual are not required to quarantine. However, the person is expected to:
    • Get tested 3-5 days after exposure, even if you don't have symptoms
      • Contact Health Services to obtain your free COVID test on day 3, 4 or 5 after exposure.
    • Wear a mask in public for 10-days following exposure OR until a negative test result is received
    • Monitor their symptoms for 10-days and report to a medical provider should symptoms develop

 NOTE: A person is considered unvaccinated if they are more than six months out from their second mRNA dose (or more than 2-months after the J&J vaccine) and not yet boosted. 

More information can be found at the following CDC site:

Back To Top
Do you treat anxiety and depression?

We offer treatment such as prescription medication for anxiety and depression.

The College offers therapy services through our on-campus Counseling Center.

Back To Top
What kinds of immunizations does the College require?

Students are required to have 2 MMR vaccines (measles, mumps, and rubella) in order to attend Flagler College. If you are a full-time student, all forms are due within three weeks of your admission letter from the college.

All newly admitted students will receive a letter about registering for our Health Services Portal. On the portal, you will find the mandatory medical history and permission to treat forms as well as the location to upload your immunization forms and information. 

Health Services Portal

All full-time students need to either be immunized for Meningitis or sign a waiver acknowledging the risk but refusing the immunization.

More information about Meningitis and Hepatitis B can be found online at the below websites:

Students requesting a copy of their medical forms must fill out the "Release of Medical Information Form" (below) and email it to

Former Student – Release of Medical Information

Back To Top
Where are the automated external defibrillators (AEDs) located on campus?

Flagler College has automated external defibrillators (AEDs) throughout campus. In a medical emergency, these devices can be used to diagnose and treat potentially life-threatening conditions related to cardiac arrest. Instructions for their use are included in many first aid and CPR classes, and the exact locations of all the AEDs on campus are listed below.

Exact Location
Lewis HouseWall - Front Desk
FEC LobbySecurity Desk
Ringhaver Student CenterWall - Security Desk
Cedar Street Residence HallWall - Security Desk
Communication BuildingWall - by Dr. Halcomb's Office
AuditoriumLobby - North Wall
GymCourt- Front West Wall
GymPortable - Trainers Office
Ponce HallPortable - Security Office West Counter
Athletic ComplexIce Room behind Concessions
Tennis CenterOutside Head Coaches Office
Proctor LibraryWall - Circulation Desk
Kenan HallWall - 3rd Floor by K300
Health ServicesPortable - Nurse's Office
Back To Top